Information you will need to apply for the following two types of Travel Grants are listed below:
The Graduate School provides up to $300 for domestic travel or $500 for international travel for students presenting, postering, etc at conferences. You must be confirmed as a presenter. You will need to be nominated by the department, and the funds may only be used to reimburse you the cash spent on transportation expenses (eg - airfare, train fare, taxicab, etc). Money cannot be used for conference registration, hotels, food etc. The department must submit a nomination for you to be considered for funding, which is called Graduate Student Conference Travel Awards and is awarded on a competitive basis. Make sure to review the deadlines in the link above for submission of your application based on travel month.
Information you will need you to send to ECE Grad Advising:
- Request Justification: The justification section of the request must include:
- Title of the paper, poster or talk student is presenting
- Conference name: full name and acronym and website
- Conference Location: City, State and/or Country
- Dates of conference
- Dates of travel
- Whether or not the student has applied for or is receiving other funding (this includes funding provided through the conference, department, faculty, and GPSS). If yes, source and amount requested or received.
- If applicable, an explanation of extenuating circumstances contrary to stated policies (Note: late requests will be considered only if paper/poster acceptance was made after the final deadline for the travel period. When you make the request in MyGrad Program, email a copy of the acceptance to Fellowships & Awards: email@example.com.)
- Priority: Please verify the conference is significant within the field of study and how the experience is important to the student’s academic progress (unless otherwise noted in the justification section).
- In order to submit a request, departments must upload a copy of the invitation letter or acceptance notification sent to the student.
Awards $300 for domestic conferences and $500 for international conferences. These funds may be used for any expenses related to travel (airfare, hotel, meals, etc). You will apply for this grant via their website. Deadline to apply for Winter quarter is February 21st. Info you will need to know:
- Department/Program Administrator Name: Bridget Faherty
- Department/Program Administrator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department/Program Administrator Mailbox: 352500
- Department/Program Administrator Phone Number: 206-616-5819
- UW Budget number (from the application description: A UW Budget number is required for the disbursement of funding to grant recipients through his/her department/program. This information is available from your department/program administrator): ECE GPSS
Budget Information is: #75-1130 PCA: 710-000-000000
Updates or corrections to this page should be sent to email@example.com.