Frequently Asked Questions
Husky card access to ECE labs is not handled by the computing staff. Instead, see the front office staff for help (Room AE100R).
- Why you need an ECE account
- How do I get an account?
- How do I change my ECE password?
- What if I can't log in to ECE systems (forgotten passwords or other issues)?
- What are the account policies?
- What support is offered to faculty, staff, and official visitors?
- What resources are available to support faculty and TAs who are teaching courses?
- Commonly used network and server information
- How to request a new IP
- Software Copyright Policy
- Ethics in Computer Usage
- About UW Google Apps UW IT Connect
- U Drive: Central File Storage for Users UW IT Connect
- UNIX Quick Reference Sheet PDF
- Microsoft Software for ECE Faculty, Staff, and Students
- How do I move files from my computer onto an ECE server?
- How do I connect to UW's wireless network? UW IT Connect
- Using UW Kerberos Authentication with a Local Mac Account
- About the UWECE Virtual Lab (RDP)
- Remote Access to ECE Computing Resources (RDP, VPN)
- SSH access from the Internet
- Where are the ECE computing labs located?
- About the Linux Computing Lab
- How do I request software be installed in the ECE computing labs?
- Python Module Installs
- Using VNC to maintain to graphical applications on Linux.
- Or, using Xming and PuTTY on Windows.
- Website Hosting Options for Groups, Labs, and Individuals
- How to move files to/from the web server
- Setting up class web pages
- Controlling access to web pages
- ECE Wordpress server
- About search engines and "spiders"