UW now makes Zoom's pro-level features (e.g. recording to the cloud; unlimited duration; up to 300 participants) available to all faculty, staff, and students. Here is a brief summary of the steps needed to create a new Zoom meeting.
- Go to https://washington.zoom.us (using this specific URL is important!)
- Click on "Basic and Pro Account Login"
- Log in with your UW NetID
- Click on "Schedule a Meeting" at the top of the page
- Select the desired start date, time, and duration
- The default settings will usually work for most people, but you can change any of the settings you wish
- Click "Save"
You'll then be shown a page with the details of the meeting you just created. Towards the middle-right of that page, there's a link "Copy the invitation" which gives you a detailed invite you can send to people… although all they really need is the provided URL if they already know the date and time.
You can find more information on the UW Zoom Video Conferencing page.