Campus-wide issues may be reported on the UW-IT eOutage page.
Any questions related to ECE computing issues can be submitted using our ECE helpdesk form. Your question will get routed to the appropriate person or group.
ECE Departmental Computing Staff
If you need assistance with your ECE computer account or password, have trouble with the computer network, can't access your e-mail, or have questions regarding the ECE Web site, come talk to one of the departmental computing staff.
Research Computing Support Staff
Research Computing Support is responsible for meeting the computing needs of specific research groups within our department.
- Where to get help
- Why you need an ECE account
- Student Laptop Requirement
- ECE Lab Software catalog
- How to obtain an ECE Account (required for the ECE website, for Linux Lab access, or on various ECE research systems)
- Software Available to ECE Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Manage your ECE account
- Manage mailing lists and ECE mail address forwarding
- Other Frequently Asked Questions
Both ECE Windows and Linux Lab systems use UW NetID for authentication - however some research groups' systems still require an ECE account.
- Computing Lab Locations
- ECE Remote Computing Lab (Windows Remote Desktop)
- Remote access to the Linux Lab is possible via SSH, X-Ming, or VNC.
- UW U Drive - this is accessible via Windows systems, or on Linux via SFTP. Offsite systems must also use a SFTP client.
- UW Google Mail (Gmail) Requires UW NetID authentication
- UW Google Calendar Requires UW NetID authentication