Jandhyala to Chair Panel on "Cloud Computing for Electronic Co-Design: Challenges and Opportunities"
Professor Vikram Jandhyala will chair a panel on “Cloud Computing for Electronic Co-Design: Challenges and Opportunities” at DesignCon 2011 being held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA between January 31 to February 3, 2011.
This panel brings together experts from Texas Instruments, IBM, Cadence, Synopsys, Amazon Web Services, and Physware who will impact and be impacted by cloud computing in EDA from very different viewpoints including as cloud and IT providers, EDA strategists, scalable code developers, electronic designers and cloud users.
The panel will focus on potentially disruptive opportunities and associated challenges in cloud computing for electronic co-design EDA including:
- Challenges in addressing the niche EDA market
- Challenges in early adoption and subsequent scaling
- Going beyond SaaS: Scalable EDA cloud computing
- Assuring IP protection and design security
- Role of virtualization software and software libraries
- Porting public cloud models to private cloud models
- Usability and functionality challenges and approaches
- Design benefits for end users
- Symbiotic business models
- Interoperability of cloud-based EDA flows from multiple vendors
- EDA license models and deployment and management on the cloud
Panelists include Dr. Bruce Archambeault, IBM, Dr. Dipanjan Gope, Physware, AJ Incorvaia, Cadence Design Systems, Dr. Souvik Mukherjee, Texas Instruments, Hasmkukh Ranjan, Synopsys, and Dr. Deepak Singh, Amazon Web Services. This promises to be an educational and entertaining panel, with panelists asked to comment on what they see as bottlenecks, how they perceive adoption over the next few years, and whether they view changes as disruptive or evolutionary.
Further information at Designcon and BusinessWire